Bastille Day Soirée
Where & When
5655 College Ave., Oakland, CA 94618 (map)
July 14, 2017
4:00 PM until 6:00 PM
Bastille Day, formally called La Fête Nationale ("The National Celebration"), is celebrated every July 14 in France to commemorate the storming of the Bastille, the infamous prison fortress. Like Independence Day in the United States, Bastille Day memorializes the start of a political revolution aimed at replacing an absolute monarchy with a constitutional government.
And just like July 4th, Bastille Day offers us a day to celebrate with food, lots of it—French, of course! For our second annual Bastille Day Soirée, we are honored to host cookbook author and local Bay Area legend, Georgeanne Brennan, for a book signing and recipe tasting of her newest book, La Vie Rustic.
Join the Bastille Day Soirée
- Try French recipes: an entire kitchen menu
- Meet cookbook author, Georgeanne Brennan, and have her new book, La Vie Rustic signed
- Chat with founder of KL Keller Imports, Kitty Keller and taste her incredible French food finds
- Sample French ingredients like piment d'espelette, honey, salt, and cheese
- Enter to win fun French food prizes
- Dance to festive French music
- Indulge in decadent French cheeses
- Sip rosé wine from Paul Marcus Wines
About La Vie Rustic & Author Georgeanne Brennan
La Vie Rustic: Cooking & Living in the French Style features a matrix of barnyard, orchard and garden fresh recipes from which readers can learn the thrill of sustainable cooking and French cuisine from the comfort of their own kitchens. Evoke the sights, scents and tastes of the treasured French country-side cuisine with over 100 authentic recipes, stunning imagery and evocative essays on rural life.
Georgeanne Brennan is an award-winning cookbook author, journalist, and entrepreneur. Her expertise ranges from cooking to farming and agriculture to history and food lore. In addition to her numerous books, Brennan’s work has appeared in San Francisco Chronicle newspaper, Fine Cooking, Bon Appétit, Cooking Pleasures, and The New York Times, among others. She lives in northern California, where she runs her on-line company, La Vie Rustic, Sustainable Living in the French Style.