Oakland Online Ordering
5655 College Ave., Oakland, CA 94618
- How do I order pickup?
Place your order online by following these easy steps:
- Choose your location: Oakland or Berkeley. Then choose a menu (Everyday, Weekend Menu or holiday menus, when available).
- Select your items.
- Click on the shopping cart icon on the top right corner to view your cart. Confirm your items, quantities and view itemized subtotals. If you want to add more items, click "Continue Shopping" button. Click "Checkout" when you're ready to pay.
- At checkout page, if you haven't already created an account, you will be prompted to do so. You are required to create an account to checkout. Click "Next" to enter payment information and pickup date/time.
- Enter payment information. Then choose your pickup date. Only available dates and times will be shown. Please note, holiday menus require separate checkout due to varying pickup dates.
- Review your order, then click "Place Order" when ready.
- You will be taken to an order confirmation page and receive a confirmation email once your order has been placed.
- Go to "My accounts" to see your current and past orders. You have up until noon, one day in advance of pickup date (two days in advance, during holiday dates) to edit or cancel your order.
Pick up your order in store, except during the holidays, when pickups are in the Shafter Ave.
- Where do I pick up my order?
Pick up inside Market Hall Foods, at the counter next to Paul Marcus Wines with the pickup sign. During holidays, pickup will be outside in our parking lot on Shafter Avenue.
- Do you offer local delivery?
Unfortunately, we cannot offer delivery at this time.
- Can I get items shipped to me or for someone outside of the Bay Area?
Yes! Browse markethallfoods.com where many of our products are available for nationwide shipping.
- How far in advance should I order?
Everyday menu: order by noon the day before, subject to availability. During the major holidays, these menus adhere to the ordering deadlines for holiday menus, ex. order by Saturday for any orders picked up Mon-Wed before Thanksgiving.
Holiday Menus for all shops: you must order by the ordering deadlines specific to each menu.
MH Caterers: order as soon as possible, as our ability to fulfill your order depends upon our availability. During the holidays, go ahead and let us know the date of your event so we can reserve your spot on the calendar. Otherwise, order at least 48 hours ahead for catering items.
- What if I want two items on different dates?
Each order you place is only available for a single, specific pickup date and time. If you are ordering for multiple pickup dates, you must place separate orders.
- What do I do if I missed my pickup window?
Please try and arrive within your half-hour pickup window. If you do not pick up your order on the scheduled day, you may pick it up the next day—but we cannot provide you with fresh bread or other fresh items. After 24 hours, your items will no longer be available due to food safety and quality issues.
- How and when do I pay?
Our online ordering platform requires you to create an account and enter a credit card to complete your order. You will be prompted to create an account and enter payment information into our secure system upon checkout. Once you've created an account, you do not need to re-enter your card information. Any changes to your payment total (for example, if we are out of a product) will be rectified with a second transaction on your card within 48 hours.
All pre-orders will be charged a 5% processing fee. This fee accounts for the time, labor and resources to process and fulfill pickup orders. This fee appears on your order confirmation as a "service fee."
- How do I know if my order is confirmed?
You will receive a confirmation email.
If you do not receive any confirmation emails, then your order might not have been placed. If this happens, please call us at 510-250-6001, and we'll happily find your order or place your order for you.
- What if I didn’t get a confirmation email?
First, check your spam or junk folders in your email inbox; occasionally the emails will land there. If you still see no sign of a confirmation email, you may not have completed your order. Your order is only complete once you click the “Place Order” button on the checkout page. If you think you placed your order correctly and still can't find an email, please call us at 510-250-6001, and we'll happily find your order or place your order for you.
- Why is the amount on the order confirmation different than my order total?
When you place your order, instead of immediately charging your card, we place a temporary authorization hold for an amount slightly higher than your order total at checkout. We place this authorization hold in case your total turns out to be higher due to added items, replacement items, or weight adjustments. After the order is complete, the hold will drop off, and your card will be charged for the final total as shown in the email receipt.