Our produce buyers scour the markets and local farms to bring you the best possible produce, the cream of the crop, every season.
Winter in Store:
- Best Ever Pears - They live up to their name!
- Brussels Sprouts
- Kale - Cold weather brings out the sweetness.
- Winter Squash including acorn, buttercup, butternut, carnival, kabocha, red kuri, spaghetti
- Root Vegetables like beets, celery root, parsnips, turnips, rutabaga
- Sir Prize Avocados - Won't discolor quickly when cut and refrigerated.
We are excited to offer an array of colorful citrus throughout the season, including Meyer lemons, satsuma mandarins, clementines, Cara Cara oranges, blood oranges, honey tangerines, Minneola tangelos and many others. They're so juicy and delicious, you won't want to waste a single bite, so get the most out of your citrus by using the whole fruit. Here's how:
Fruit & Juice
- Simmer grapefruit juice to reduce it, and then make a concentrated, deeply colored ginger grapefruit curd.
- Toss tangerine segments into a bright salad with chicory and pomegranate seeds.
- It's magical to watch lemon and lime juice "cook" ceviche.
- Showcase the bold hue of blood oranges in an upside down cake.
- Sweet-tart orange juice makes an ideal braising liquid for meat or vegetables.
Peel & Zest
- Make your own citrus salt to use as a finishing touch on seafood, roasted vegetables or caramels.
- Substitute citrus sugar in your favorite scone or sugar cookie recipe or use it to rim a cocktail glass.
- Present chocolate-dipped candied citrus peel as a sweet homemade gift.
- Elevate your morning toast with DIY citrus butter.
- Add dried citrus peel to tea.